SEAMOSS CHICKPEA SQUASH-Main Meal
by Health Holistics shop Admin on August 18, 2021
Ticking all of the boxes for a perfect plant-based dinner, this healthy vegan chickpea curry is a recipe to put on the fridge door! Full of protein to keep you full for hours, and full of nutrients to feed the soul. This delicious dish takes only 20 minutes to make.
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Total Time 20 mins
- Course: Main meal
- Servings: 3
Author: Health & Holistics
2 CUPS BUTTERNUT SQUASH, DICED
2 CUPS OF KALE, CHOPPED
1 CUP COOKED CHICKPEAS
2 TBSP COCONUT OR GRAPESEED OIL
1 MEDIUM ONION, FINELY CHOPPED
1 PLUM TOMATO, DICED
2 LARGE CLOVES GARLIC
½ CAN COCONUT MILK + 1 CUP WATER
2 TSP CURRY SPICE BLEND
2 - 3 TBSP OF PLAIN SEA MOSS GEL
1 TSP SALT
1 TBSP LIME JUICE
2 TBSP CILANTRO, CHOPPED PLUS MORE FOR GARNISH
CAYENNE PEPPER OR RED PEPPER FLAKES FOR SOME SPICE (OPTIONAL)
- COOK JASMINE RICE 2 CUPS RICE with 3 CUPS WATER, SALT UNTIL SOFT AND WATER IS ABSORBED.
- HEAT OIL AND COOK ONIONS UNTIL GOLDEN AND CARAMELIZED
- ADD THE REST OF THE BASKET! IN GOES THE GARLIC, TOMATO, SALT, CURRY BLEND AND PEPPER AND COOK ALL TOGETHER FOR ABOUT 3 MINUTES.
- ADD THE BUTTERNUT AND CHICKPEAS AND STIR UNTIL COATED WITH THE SEASONING.
- ADD THE WATER ( AND OPTIONALLY THE COCONUT MILK) AND STIR TO COMBINE WELL. COVER AND SIMMER FOR 15 MINUTES UNTIL THE SQUASH LOOKS COOKED. STIRRING OCCASIONALLY.
- ADD THE KALE, SEA MOSS GEL, LIME JUICE AND SALT. COOK ABOUT 10 MORE MINUTES UNTIL THE KALE IS WILTED, BUT NOT OVERCOOKED.
- IF MORE WATER IS NEEDED TO STEAM THE POT, ADD REASONABLY.
- SERVE IN YOUR FAVORITE BOWL, TOP WITH SPRING ONIONS AND A SQUEEZE OF LIME JUICE.
- TIME TO SMASH & ENJOY!
- The squash can be subbed with sweet potato or pumpkin, chickpeas with red beans, and kale can be subbed with spinach, bok choy or rainbow chard. You can also sub the jasmine rice for brown rice, quinoa or noodles.
- You don't taste the sea moss at all. But if you have leftovers and it gets cold, the texture of the sauce will be more gelatinous. If you reheat it, it becomes saucy again. This dish serves about 4, so the family will love it. You can also cut the ingredients in half for less people.
- So let's get into this yummy bowl of goodness!