These Sea Moss vegan chocolate brownies aren't just sweet and moist, but they are packed with so much goodness including St Lucia Sea Moss Gel
- Prep Time: 10mins
- Cooking Time: 30mins
- Course: Drinks
- Cuisine: Drink
- Servings: 4
- Author: Health & Holistics
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line a 20cm x 30cm oven dish or brownie pan with baking paper.
- On the stove, over a low heat, melt 150g chocolate and the vegan butter in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Once melted, whisk in the non-dairy milk, until it’s fully combined with the mixture.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa, sugar, seeds, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Add the chocolate and butter mixture, water, and aquafaba (from canned chickpeas) to the dry ingredients, and mix until everything is combined well, and you have a stiff batter.
- Add the rest of the chocolate.
- Tip the batter onto the baking tray.
- (optional) Smooth the top with a wet spatula, so that it’s even.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 30 mins.
- Do not cook for less as the top may look firm but the center will still be gooey and need that time to cook through.
- Remove from the oven and leave the brownies to cool in the tray
- Cut into pieces and enjoy!
- I find that butter beans yield the best aquafaba, in terms of viscosity. However, if you only have thin aquafaba you can make it thicker by rapidly boiling to reduce it down.
Subscribers get a new recipe delivered with their monthly subscription jar every month! Sign up here to join the H&H family now!